Amazing Facts About Hymed Skincare That Proves It’s The Best
Hymed delivers results because of its honest, simple, and sensible approach to skincare.
We believe in the “cause no harm” philosophy – our products only give you healthy results and nothing else!
A very bold statement to make, you may say!
Let us give you a brief history of Hymed Skincare. The year was 1987. A father is desperate for a product that his infant daughter was not allergic to (her sensitive skin was reacting adversely to most of the products on the market). The desperate father was Dr. Lingam. He and Dr. Brian Jegasothy, a board-certified dermatologist with a host of people across all disciplines of biological sciences, and Edward Janoski, a biochemist with over 50 years of experience in natural ingredients, herbs, vitamins, and naturopathy came together to form a research team.
What did they learn?
They learned that ingredients used most commonly in skin care products cause more harm than benefit the skin. Research shows that 99% of skincare products have ingredients that cause inflammation disrupting the endocrine system and triggering the aging process.
They also learned over 30 years ago that continuous inflammation is a key precursor to diseases and the root cause of premature aging and potential cancer. To prevent aging, you have to prevent inflammation- this became the focus. In 1988, it was the first skincare company to develop products using safe, all-natural, and anti-inflammatory ingredients handpicked by Dr. Lingam. Who better than the man who hails from a family of Ayurvedic practitioners? Ayurveda, the ancient medical science from India, also believes that inflammation is the root cause of all diseases. A match made in heaven, don’t you think?
We think so too!
Inflammation, you say? Yes, we are coming to that.
Inflammation is the natural response of a healthy immune system to stop pathogens and free radicals from entering the body. Continuous inflammation occurs when the immune response lingers over a long time and turns on the healthy cells causing damage at the DNA level. It leads to premature aging and cancer. Free radicals are the root cause of inflammation. Umm, free radicals? Simply put, they are unstable atoms formed by exposure to environmental toxins. What do they do? Cause the dreaded aging of skin, more specifically premature aging. Not anyone’s best friend, right!
What are the ingredients that cause inflammation?
Chemical fragrances, dyes, genetically modified ingredients, chemical preservatives, Propylene glycol, and animal-derived ingredients like lanolin are the usual suspects.
Like what you read so far! Then, let’s get down to business and find out what makes Hymed amazing.
- 100% vegan without a shred of animal or animal-based/derived ingredients.
- Every ingredient is sourced from natural and /or plant-based sources.
- !00% free of chemical fragrances, dyes
- There are no toxins, carcinogens, or potential carcinogens.
- Ingredients like turmeric, pomegranate, Gotu kola, amla (Indian gooseberry), neem, sandalwood, etc., are all-natural, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidants with deep roots in Ayurveda.
- The core purpose of Hymed is to benefit humanity. Never before has any company put its consumers’ health and safety before its profits.
Why Hymed Is Better
Now let us see what makes Hymed exclusive
- Hymed uses high-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid that forms a heavy wet blanket on the skin and pushes the water and encapsulated ingredients deep into the inner layers of the skin. This is why our products are very effective yet safe and gentle. Other companies have products that create an occlusive layer, a barrier that stops the beneficial stuff from reaching the deep layers of the skin.
- The products are all vegan, so there is no need for chemical preservatives. However, Hymed uses preservatives derived from plants whenever necessary. Other companies use fish, animal, and sometimes human-derived ingredients that need chemical preservatives for a longer shelf-life.
- Hymed uses distilled water in making its products which inhibits bacterial contamination. Other companies use deionized water that allows bacterial growth.
- Hymed uses natural ingredients in their purest form. So, batches of the same product show a color variance. No artificial dyes are added for the sake of uniformity, the natural property of the ingredient is allowed to come through.
- Hymed does not use any synthetic or chemical fragrances to boost the senses. The fragrance comes from essential oils extracted from plants like geranium, calendula, thyme, etc.
What are preservatives? Why is it such a big deal?
Preservatives are ingredients used to increase the shelf-life of any product. There is a cause and effect at play in making skincare products. If animal-derived ingredients are used in the product, be it organic or otherwise, then the use of preservatives is imperative to lengthen their shelf-life. Is it a wonder then that skincare companies (not all) make liberal use of preservatives in their products? But studies have shown preservatives are linked to cancer. They are known to mimic hormones and disrupt estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and thyroid hormone production.
The most commonly used preservatives in the US are Parabens-propyl, ethyl, methyl, and benzyl (-Hydroxy Benzoate). Scientific studies show a strong link between parabens and cancer, especially breast cancer. A survey of 215 cosmetics found that 99% of skincare products contain parabens. They are absorbed through the skin and bind to estrogen receptors, where they stimulate the growth of cancer cells in the breast. A very big deal indeed, right?
Who doesn’t swoon over the wafting perfume when the product is opened? Who knew that the very fragrance we swoon over was harming us? No one, that’s for sure.
To maintain uniformity in the color of the product, the companies make use of artificial colors derived chemically or from animal sources.
All the above ingredients are known causes of irritation and inflammation and are linked to cancer growth in the body.
Yet it is hard to give up what you are comfortable and familiar with all at once. American dermatological research has shown for over 40 years that it’s not only what we put inside our body that’s absorbed, but also what we put topically it, and the chemicals in cosmetics do way more harm than good to your body. So, we have to eliminate these poisons lurking in skincare products.
At Hymed, we believe in full disclosure so you can make an informed choice. We have nothing to hide as you deserve to know the truth about your skincare. Why look elsewhere when a vegan, all-natural, anti-inflammatory skincare line safe enough for a baby’s skin is within your reach!!