Do you have a pink glow? Or perhaps, red bumps or pimples have appeared on your face in recent years. If yes, you have rosacea, and you are not alone! Millions of people live with this condition every day. Rosacea is not only unsightly but can cause extreme embarrassment and physical discomfort. Rosacea can be uncomfortable and make you feel self-conscious about your appearance.
What is Rosacea? What does it look like?
Rosacea is the most common type of facial condition affecting more than 16 million people of all ages, ethnicities, and gender in the United States. It affects around 10% of people at some point in their lives.
The condition usually begins with flushing or blushing, followed by small red bumps that look like pimples on your nose, cheeks, and forehead. Rosacea’s trademark symptom is small, red, pus-filled bumps on the skin during flare-ups. Typically, rosacea affects only the skin on your nose, cheeks, and forehead.
The cause of rosacea has not been determined. Inflammation is said to be one of the causes. It can also be a combination of hereditary and environmental factors. These include
- eating spicy foods
- eating items that contain the compound cinnamaldehyde, such as cinnamon, chocolate, tomatoes, and citrus
- drinking hot coffee or tea
- Temperature extremes
- Sun or wind
- Drugs that dilate blood vessels, including some blood pressure medications
- Some cosmetic, skin, or hair care products
- having the intestinal bacteria Helicobacter pylori
Anyone can develop rosacea. But you may be more likely to develop it if you:
- Are female
- fair-skinned with blond hair and blue eyes
- Have skin that burns in the sun easily
- Between the ages of 30-50
- Have a family history of rosacea
There’s no cure for rosacea, but treatment can control and reduce the signs and symptoms and avoid some of the triggers that cause flare-ups.
Most skincare products on the market contain ingredients that cause inflammation. Why? Because they contain preservatives like parabens, artificial fragrances, dyes, and other animal-derived ingredients. They are proven sources of irritants that cause inflammation along with environmental toxins like smoke, the sun’s UV rays, pollutants, and also, the food we eat.
Our skin is our most delicate and important asset. By taking the simple step of switching skincare products, you can find relief from rosacea symptoms like irritation, stinging, sensitivity, and red bumps. Inflammation is one of the contributing factors to rosacea and other flare-ups.
How does Hymed address these concerns?
We believe in the adage prevention is better than cure. So, we choose to nip the problem, that is inflammation in the bud. How do we do this?
- We only use ingredients that are anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant rich to minimize inflammation and reduce the effect of free radical damage.
- Hymed uses high-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid that pushes water and encapsulated, beneficial ingredients deep into the inner layers of the skin. This ensures the skin is well fed and hydrated, giving it a healthy, blemish-free look.
- We do not use any ingredients in our products that require the use of chemical preservatives.
- We do not use artificial dyes or fragrances to stimulate the senses. We prefer to let the color and aroma of the natural ingredients come through.
One of our best-selling products is the
Colloidal Silver Mist for Rosacea Skin Treatment – Soothes irritated skin, removes redness, and calms inflammation. The two main ingredients are Colloidal Silver to prevent bacterial contamination and Lavender flower water reduces inflammation, heals, and repairs skin from rosacea flare-ups.
Hymed products use natural and anti-inflammatory ingredients. Every ingredient is selected to maximize and deliver results and prevent skin conditions by helping your skin repair itself. As a result, every Hymed product is safe and effective – We have laid it all out in the open, and now the choice is yours!